Friday, May 29, 2009

FRIDAY!!!!

I love Fridays more than anything! Everyone is in a good mood and easy to be around. The weather is beautiful and will be the nicest day yet this year. Too bad most of it will be spent at work! Luckily it's an early day for me which means extra time at the gym! I skipped yesterday because I had to work late and made the last bus home. I at least cut the grass with the push mower for some exercise! Unfortunately, I hit a huge rock and have ruined the blades now :-( That mower is only 2 months old! Oh well, it was bound to happen I suppose.

Dinner last night was delicios even though it was made pretty late. The sweet and sour chicken satisfied my craving for chinese food. It does seem quite higher in calories than it should though. I think I may save it for a once in awhile type meal for that reason. Plus all the sodium, I'm bound to retain some water from this. Here is how it turned out...



And the salad Mike made...




It looks pretty unappealing but it was nummers! Each portion was 1 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of the Sweet and Sour Chicken. I used fresh pineapple instead of canned. Therefore, I didn't have the pineapple juice for the liquid so maybe that saved some calories? I substituted fat free chicken stock instead.

Tonight I am making ancho rubbed flank steak on the grill with some green beans. I am not sure about a starch but will probably skip it. Saturday will be Chicken with a Mushroom and white wine sauce-one of my favs! I will save my carbs and extra calories for some wine out on the patio tonight. It's supposed to be really nice-and with a few hours in the gym this afternoon I think I'll have earned it!

1 comment:

  1. That dinner looks so tasty! I'll have to give it a shot sometime. I agree that it seems like it shouldn't be as high in cals as it really is... but it's much better than the restaurant version! Yum!

    ReplyDelete